For nearly 40 years, PBI has worked at local, regional and international levels to protect human rights defenders and communities whose lives and work are threatened by violence.
PBI relies on the commitment of unpaid volunteers and a small number of paid staff to carry out our work. Donations to PBI directly enable the provision of much needed protection and moral support to human rights defenders in Colombia, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Kenya, Nepal and Indonesia.
Regular gifts help us to plan ahead and ensure the ongoing safety of defenders who are threatened because of the work they do. If you can make a regular donation, this is especially helpful to those who may need our protection over a long period of time.
- €5 a month covers regular phone calls to check on a defender's safety and wellbeing
- €20 a month enables weekly visits to a defender at their place of work, providing moral support and visibly demonstrating international concern
One-off donations can also be used to increase PBI’s protection of defenders:
- €150 helps PBI activate its support network in times of heightened risk
- €1,000 prepares a field volunteer for service through our intensive training programme
- €5,000 gives tailored protection, support and recognition to a human rights defender for a year
If you do not feel comfortable donating online you can download an offline donation form and send us a cheque.